The days are gone when only top-rated corporate bodies embark on internet marketing. Not just for the high cost involved but also, the technical aspect of going online was sophisticated that only techie savvy could think of internet marketing. Much of the technical work that, as at then required outsourcing, can easily be carried out by newbie on a click of mouse. This gives rise to tremendous opportunity for both small-scale as well as large-scale businesses to improve their sales through web marketing.
Today, world attention is focused on internet; people of all ages, background, ethnic and social status are well attached to internet in one way or the other.
Some of the benefits of online marketing and advertising are enumerated thus:
- Broad and global Reach
- Highly adaptable to multitasking
- Residual and continuity effect
- All-hour based marketing service
- Automation versus delegation
- Convenient, easy and quick service delivery
- Follow-up and after-sales relationship
- Advertising to target markets
- Instant transaction execution with digital payment service
- Customers’ data collection and personalization
- Easy tweaking & positive change to marketing and advertising campaign on the go
- Standard measure of the cause and effect
Online Marketing Benefit # One – Broad and Global Reach
What is more important to business owners and marketers than to get their products and services across to wide prospects base! With internet, online businesses, both medium and large-scale, are accessible to millions of online users. Your advertisement reaches global prospects through various online marketing strategies like email marketing, blog/content marketing, social media marketing, pay-per-click (PPC) advertisement. Prospects translate to money and as such, the more reach your marketing claims, the more the prospects. When numbers of prospects skyrocket, you have opportunity for more customers and sales and you make more money which is the ultimate goal of every business.
Online Marketing Benefit # Two – Highly Adaptable to Multitasking
One of the core advantages of online marketing is the ability to attend to millions of customers and consumers simultaneously. Once the infrastructure is efficient, huge numbers of buying and selling transaction take place within your virtual estate without diminishing the satisfaction of each customer purchasing various items.
Online Marketing Benefit # Three – Residual and Continuity Effect
- One of the great benefits of online marketing is its inherent residual effects. Content marketing on websites and blogs remains functional and working to promote your products and services years after the marketing campaign to the content or products is over.
- E-book marketing produces long-term and viral effects after the production. For instance, If you run a campaign to improve traffic to your landing page, the residual power of such marketing remains effective years after the campaign might have been stopped.
Online Marketing Benefit # Four – All-Hour Based Marketing
- Your marketing campaigns run 24 hours a day , 7 days a week. you aren’t constrained with opening hours, neither are you to consider overtime payment for staff.
- Regional or international time variation/difference doesn’t affect the availability or reachability of your online ad copy campaign and offer.
- Anytime an individual opens a computer connected to the internet, S/he’s tendency to see your marketing campaign as opposed to usual traditional offline marketing.
- Customers search the products offered at their convenient time as long as they like – no hasten, no fear of closing. The users own the opening and closing hours for shopping.
Online Marketing Benefit # Five – Internet Marketing is Cost-Effective
- Internet marketing involves less or no start-up-capital. You might start blog marketing, social media marketing, email marketing with less investment compared to traditional marketing which greatly lies on the factors of production – Land, capital, labour, entrepreneur.
- These are not prerequisite to online marketing and translate to reduced cost of production, advertising and marketing since no money is incurred on staffing, procurement of business premises and middlemen.
- Offline traditional marketing like newspaper, radio, television and banner may cost thousands of dollars while fraction of such can run PPC advertising on Facebook, Google and other PPC companies.
Online Marketing Benefit # Six – Internet Marketing is Time-Effective
Internet marketing is fast and easy to start. You can set up a campaign at any time convenient for you. For instance, email marketing which is one of the best internet marketing strategies can be set up in a matter of hours. within few minutes, you set up the auto-responder and start marketing even with a list of one subscriber.
Online Marketing Benefit # Seven – Automation Versus Delegation
- Automation Versus Delegation Another advantage of online marketing is the power of easy, one-mouse-click automation.
- In traditional offline business and marketing, marketers leverage the benefit of delegating best hands for various tasks while internet marketing has a better time-savvy opportunity.
- That is the opportunity to get every aspect of your business fully automated. You search for the best tool for your marketing campaign and all is done. You spend your time doing something else.
Online Marketing Benefit # Eight – Convenient, Easy and Quick Service Delivery
- Marketing online is incredibly convenient. It has easy accessibility. Consumers incur no cost in reaching the internet markets anywhere in the world.
- This removes the cost of transportation to purchase goods across borders. It is a great plus to importers as they make the online order right in the comfort of their home. Delivery process of sale items can easily be tracked online.
- Consumers get digital downloadable products on a click of mouse. What better experience is beyond shopping in the comfort of one’s room with a bottle of juice on a table for refreshment.
Online Marketing Benefit # Nine – Follow up and After Sales Relationship
- It is a common practice in traditional offline market to see merchants giving their business cards to customers after sales.
- Most times the customers, on such occasions, misplaced the cards. It is only when the need arises for the service they begin to think where the card is, if the customers at all think of going back to the seller.
- In internet marketing, suppliers easily capture the email addresses of both the buyers and the prospects.
- The email provides valuable information on the product purchased, special discounts and coupon available on other goods and services, introducing new products to the customers.
- Social media are great avenues to interact consistently with your customers making them your valued audience.
- And since the target prospects are often alone while making purchase decision, they are not likely distracted by an accompanied partners.
Online Marketing Benefit # Ten – Advertising to Target Markets
- Internet marketing earns the advantages of ads targeting based on numerous factors such as gender, age, location, interest and hobbies. Advertising and marketing campaign could be targeted by filtering these demographic factors.
- Two or more factors can be combined to establish target market. Decision can be made to target advertising on female aged between 22-35 in the united state for a particular product or niche while elderly people can be targeted for another service.
- If you want to market a retirement saving program, you might target young people(who has long saving span) while retirement planning programme might be more appropriate for older people who have worked close to the retirement age.
- Targeting can be very difficult in traditional advertisement like television, radio, magazine, newspaper if at all achievable. On the web, you can create interest-based targeting, behavioural-targeting PPC in Google and other PPC advertising networks.
Online Marketing Benefit # Eleven – Instant Transaction Execution with Digital Payment Service
Online transaction is easily executed with digital payment service. There is no need to carry bulk cash along on the path of both marketers & customers. Neither do they have to go for cheque clearance. All payment processing solution of the transaction is executed by a third-party payment processing company such as Paypal.
Online Marketing Benefit # Twelve – Customers’ Data Collection and Personalization
Customers data are collected through:
Customers’ profiles/behaviours on the business site: This includes location, age,gender, viewed products, link in (referrers), link out (site visited after living your site), pages visited on your website
Internet tools, tracking software
- Internet marketing fares better than traditional marketing in terms of customer data collection and personalization.
- Millions of customers can be served with varied products/items in the same online shopping mall based on each customer’s signified interest as indicated by their white list, former products purchased, pages visited, internet protocol (IP) address and internet cookies.
- Other means of personalization are opinion poll, survey, geo-targeting.
- This makes it easier for online shoppers to get their desired products in no time without trouble.
- Shopping carts most often provides filtering factors for customers. Examples of product filtering are price-based filtering, free-shipping, product categories etc
- Online Marketing Benefit # Thirteen – Easy Tweaking & Positive Change to Marketing and Advertising Campaign on the go.
- Online tweaking is inevitable to optimise your marketing effort.
- Online advertising is very easy to tweak on the go whenever a need is considered vital to the campaign without service interruption, downtime or stopping the whole system.
- You may change the appearance of the business shopping mall by changing few lines of the CSS linking the page and the whole page take a complete new look.
- Your ad copy on various networks can be tweaked and updated without sacrificing a long downtime period.
Online Marketing Benefit # Fourteen – Diversification
Diversification is important in marketing and advertising your business to target audience. This means using many variants of tactics to reach prospects.
Online marketing makes such diversification a lot easier. For example, if you want to run search engine advertising (SEA), social media advertising (SMA), it is easier to consider 2 angles:
- Pay Per Click search engine or social media advertising
- Outsourcing a SEO techie to optimize your business page for organic free traffic
For content marketing, you can run a business blog alongside your business website to create a marketing mix to enhance your marketing and advertising reach for your products and services.
Similarly, you can integrate a mobile marketing strategies with your email marketing campaign. You might also consider creating ads of different format to target specific set of people and bring in much awareness.
This kind of advertising and marketing diversification in online marketing eventually produces snowballing effect for the success of your online business.
Online Marketing Benefit # Fifteen –Easy, Low-Cost, Hurdle-Free Tracking
To have a standard measure of the cause and effect, every marketing campaign you take has to be tracked. Otherwise it’ll be difficult to understand:
- Campaigns that are profitable and those that aren’t.
- Why some of the campaigns fail to yield expected result and what made others work better.
- The action steps you can take to optimize your campaign strategies to give better result and high return on investment (ROI).
- Your customers’ behaviours, their interests and experience.
- The right things you have done to do more of it.
Online marketing affords you the opportunity to easily track every marketing campaign. Let take for instance, pay-per-click (PPC) search engine/content campaign you lunched, system tracking helps you know when the ads was clicked, who clicked it, from where it was clicked, how long the users stay on your business site, What did they buy, to where did they navigate and how they leave your site.