Facebook and Twitter are the most popular social networking websites that have changed the way people communicate with each other. Facebook provides a number of user-friendly features such as chat, posting of photos and even playing games where as Twitter is built around posting tweets of 140 characters.
Comparison between Facebook and Twitter
- Facebook include features such as News Feed, Fan Pages, Status, Messaging, Chat, Games and Apps etc where as Twitter includes features such as Tweet, Retweet, Trending topics, Links, photos and videos etc.
- Both Facebook and Twitter requires registration by users before using the services offered by these social networking websites.
- Advertising can be done as banner ads as well as referral marketing in Facebook where as advertising is usually done in the form of tweets in Twitter.
- In Facebook, photographs can be uploaded where as Twitter does not provide those functionalities.
- Both of the social networking websites allow users to post updates.
- The posts can be edited in Facebook where as it is not possible in Twitter.
- There is no character limit while writing a post in Facebook where as only a maximum of 140 characters can be entered in Twitter.
- Twitter also allows users to follow the trending topics where as such functionality is not available in Facebook.
- Both of the social networking websites allow users to follow people.
- Users can express their approval of content through ‘Like’, ‘Share’ and ‘Comment’ options in Facebook where as users can express the approval of content through ‘Retweet’ or ‘Favourite’ in Twitter.
- Users are mentioned in Facebook by name where as in Twitter a ‘@’ sign will be used before the name.
The above mentioned comparisons are some of the key differences between Facebook and Twitter.